Credit card is already linked to another PayPal account

Mintj7
New Community Member

It says my credit card is linked to another PayPal account,and i only own one account. I used to have other PayPal account and i havent had any action on that account in about 2 years and it did not have my card added on it either,i closed that account aswell.

I used to add my credit card on PayPal,then remove it after,i think i did this couple times on my phone. 

So i just never left the card details on my account and added it again if i wanted to use my credit card for paying because i usually used PayPal Balance only.

Now i am trying to add my card and it says its in another PayPal account which is impossible because i only have one PayPal account.

My Paypal Balance is not Negative. I dont have any going transactions currently.

Either theres some kind of error,or someone else has stolen my card for their PayPal? I haven't used my card in PayPal for roughly 6 Months atleast i would guess. So i am getting worried if someone actually has my credit card.. 

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

tinkermel76
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem - I suspect it's because my partner and I have a joint credit card and he uses the card for his Paypal account too.  Is there any way we can use our joint cards for both of our Paypal accounts?

Login to Me Too

nadico
New Community Member

am having the same issues and here's what i think caused it.

i was trying to add my credit card to a paypal account and it constantly got declined cause that's no credit on the card, so after crediting my card, i created a new paypal account and the error message i got when i tried to link my was "the card is linked to another paypal account".

i checked the paypal account and the card wasn't linked it so i closed that account and the error message is still there in my new account.

the card isn't linked to any paypal account at the moment. and it's frustrating to have a card you can't link to any paypal account for no reason.

Login to Me Too

elnazmn
Contributor
Contributor

I made a new PayPal account and I tried to link my bank account to it. I received the error that my bank account is already linked to the limited number of PayPal accounts. so I removed it from the other account I had(it doesn't have any minus). but I still keep receiving the same error, even several days after I removed my bank account from the other PayPal account. Does anyone have an idea?

Login to Me Too

inoorzad
New Community Member

Does anyone have a solution to this? I am having the same issue. Says my credit card is linked to another account (old account I used to have) and even though the credit card was removed from the account and the account shows no active payment methods in the wallet, I am still getting this error on my new account when trying to add my credit card.

What is the solution that PayPal provides for this? Anyone know?

Login to Me Too

elnazmn
Contributor
Contributor
So I'm not saying it's a solution, but I had the same issue, and I got dissapointed with it and left it aside for 2 months, after 2 months I tried again randomly and it worked!
Login to Me Too

Ron02
New Community Member
This is annoying. I think I’ll give it a few days something is totally up with this.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.