Connecting Master card-2 foreign currency

Tina19971997
New Community Member

Hi, I am trying to connect Master Card from Raiffeisen bank. PayPal is trying to charge 1$ in order to connect card. Looks like I have 2 foreign currency accounts(euros etc) and ordinary ones (in dinars-Serbian currency). PayPal is trying to take money from one foreign currency and not another, on which there is money in euros.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Dian

Hey @Tina19971997

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting.

I hope I am understand the issue correct. You want to add a new card but we are trying to verify it in a different currency. When you add a card the system will automatically detect which currency the card should be charged. This will be linked to the country in which the PayPal account is created. When the card is linked, we can offer the option to change the currency in which the card is charged. In order to do this you will need to contact us. 

You also mention that you have 2 currencies. If you want to make a payment we will not use both the currency balances. If you have a EUR balance and are paying in EUR, we will use the EUR balance. If you are paying in another currency we will use the Primary currency balance that is on the account and not both. You can exchange the balances into 1 Currency and make that primary. This way we can use it when you make a payment. 

I hope this information helps and answers your questions. 

Dian 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.