Confirming card issues

Hecu
Contributor
Contributor
I have requested for my card to be confirmed and was debited but didn't see any code in my statement of account (Nigeria) I don't know what to do, and I don't want to be charged again. Please can someone help me
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hecu 

If you don't confirm it then the small deposit will be returned to your card issuer at 30 days, then it would take however long your card issuer takes to process that refund back to your account for you, that varies country to country, card issuer to card issuer.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hecu 

You can't add a local bank account / debit card in your country.
You can only link a credit card.

Also the option to receive paypal payments is sadly not available in Nigeria.
You can only send payments for purchases funded by your (confirmed) credit card.

Paypal varies a lot country to country and can only offer the services that the banks / governments of that country allow it to offer.
There are quite a few countries unable to receive paypal payments.

https://www.paypal.com/ga/webapps/mpp/ua/residence-full

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Hecu
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks so much, I appreciate you. But I have been charged the $1.95 already. So what should I do??
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hecu 

If you don't confirm it then the small deposit will be returned to your card issuer at 30 days, then it would take however long your card issuer takes to process that refund back to your account for you, that varies country to country, card issuer to card issuer.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

oluwasomidotuno
Contributor
Contributor

Have you gotten the refund?

Login to Me Too

Hecu
Contributor
Contributor
Yes I have
Login to Me Too

oluwasomidotuno
Contributor
Contributor

Okay 👍🏾

I'll just be getting mine after about 7 months 😪

I wanted to deal with it at the beginning but there was terrible customer service on Twitter and I decided to wait for an automatic refund after 105 days (a little over 3 months).

It was last month that I decided to take it up again and I was given wrong information from a PayPal agent that it had been refunded. I started disturbing my bank but they didn't really help.

Reached out to PayPal again and discovered the hold up was from them (contrary to what the other agent told me before).

Now, the money has been refunded but it looks like I have to wait a while (maybe 5 days) before it reflects in my account.

Sorry for dumping all of this on you.

Anyway, please long did it take for the refund to your card to reflect in your account?

Login to Me Too

Hecu
Contributor
Contributor
Actually it was two transactions. The first one which caused the post took two weeks after calling my bank, then the second one took two days after calling them.. it depends on the bank
Login to Me Too

oluwasomidotuno
Contributor
Contributor

Alright. Thank you

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.