Check your account at your card issuer before retrying this card.

hoathan40000
Contributor
Contributor

I can't make a payment, Paypal says: "Check your account at your card issuer before retrying this card."
I went to the bank and they said everything was normal.
I try to pay on Google play and I can pay normally on Google play but not on Paypal.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @hoathan40000,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community! I'm sorry to hear of the decline. Please also take a look at these troubleshooting steps for payment declines. The error messaging does relate directly to the card itself, so I'm guessing that, while the issuing bank says everything is normal, there may be a decline on their end or an error.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience and I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

hoathan40000
Contributor
Contributor

I am living in Vietnam. The bank is VIETNAM JOINT STOCK COMMERCIAL BANK FOR INDUSTRY AND TRADE.

I looked at the link you sent and it didn't help. Questions and answers that can be found in the Help Center may not be accurate if you live outside the US.

Example: After I add a bank account to my PayPal account, I see the words "Checking" but I can't confirm as per the instructions: https://www.paypal.com/vn/smarthelp/article/faq3045
It's been about a week but I still see: "Checking".

The bank says everything is normal and I can pay on Google Play, dlsite.com and Steam normally.

Login to Me Too

amaechiifeanyi
New Community Member
I have this same issue I want to make payment for my site https://celebnob.com/song-mp3-download/ But the issues is "Check your account at your card issuer before retrying this card. MasterCard"
Login to Me Too

PayPal_RebeccaN

Hi there @amaechiifeanyi

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! 

I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing issues while checking out using PayPal, I appreciate this must be concerning. To help protect your account, PayPal uses a complex screening process for credit card payments. This helps prevent lost or stolen cards from being used for unauthorized transactions. On rare occasions, the screening process affects valid cards. Therefore the card authorisation may have failed or there may have been a technical error. 

I would suggest: 

• Contact your card issuer to ensure there are no blocks from their end. 
  • Using a different funding source via PayPal (bank or PayPal balance). 

I hope this helps, have a nice day! 

Rebecca

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.