Cant add bank account i removed as its disabled

Dj_Inferno
Contributor
Contributor
I accidentally removed the wrong bank account from my PayPal and now it won't let me add it again saying it's disabled please help
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dj_Inferno 

You can only add a bank account to any paypal account x3 times in that banks lifetime so have you added it to your paypal account or a combination of your account and older accounts more than that?

https://www.paypal.com/au/smarthelp/article/why-can't-i-link-a-bank-account-to-my-paypal-account--fa...

If that is not the case check the link above and then allow 72 hours between removing and adding + clear cookies/cache and if no luck try another browser/device OR ask customer services for help to link it?

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Dj_Inferno
Contributor
Contributor
I spoke to them on the phone today and I was told it should be right to add after 24 hours well it's longer than that and it still won't add This is the first time it's being used
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dj_Inferno 

So you didn't read my post then ie the 3rd paragraph?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Dj_Inferno
Contributor
Contributor
Yes I did read it, I was just letting you know what I have tried and what they had said
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dj_Inferno 

In that case I would defo give it 72 hours before trying again, good luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Dj_Inferno
Contributor
Contributor
Done all that and it still can't be added, now paypal are trying to say its their system saying it's a security risk which is the biggest load of rubbish I have ever heard, paypal has become a joke time to use a different payment platform
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.