Cannot add Tangerine bank account to Paypal - Customer Service couldn't help

ColinM03
Contributor
Contributor

When I add my Tangerine bank account I have been getting this error for the past two weeks.

"We were unable to process your bank account registration at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again at a later date."

The first agent I spoke with said he couldn't help with his available "options" and maybe it is because my server isn't secure that they are giving me this message for my "security." Weird... my wifi is password protected. Then he told me to wait 48 hours, then add my debit card before adding the bank. I told him it looked like you can only add credit cards, not bank debit cards through the link under "Money" and he said it will accept my Tangerine card. 48 hours later when I click the add card button, it clearly only accepts credit cards which was my initial suspicion.

I then got through to another agent and explained the situation. She told me she could not unblock my bank account and that Tangerine bank accounts were blocked. This seems odd because when you click "Add a Bank Account", Tangerine bank is one of the available options you can choose from, so obviously Paypal accepts Tangerine accounts, otherwise there wouldn't be a Tangerine logo to choose from. When confronted with this, she was incoherent and just kept repeating that she couldn't unblock the account. She said I should call my bank to ask why, and then I told her it is Paypal that is rejecting the account so Paypal should be able to explain why. This entry level agent didn't really know much at all and couldn't come up with any valid reason or specifics other than she cannot add the account.

Any ideas here? All of the information was entered correctly. 

Login to Me Too
25 REPLIES 25

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ColinM03 wrote:

Does the account info of your bank account match exactly to your Paypal Account info? Mailing address and account holder name, etc? For example, you use an middle initial on the bank account but don't use it on the PayPal account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

ColinM03
Contributor
Contributor

Just double checked and all the information matches. Both accounts do not have a middle name, have the same address, and phone number.

Login to Me Too

jimi2crank
New Community Member

I have the same problem. Did you ever get it resolved?

Login to Me Too

Nonverbal
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem. Any solution?

Login to Me Too

ScottYateman
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone had any success with a Tangerine account? I am unable to link mine as well.

Login to Me Too

Deafness
Contributor
Contributor

No. Please help.

Login to Me Too

Non-verbal
Contributor
Contributor

I have same problem inDecember 2019. Help please.

Login to Me Too

cuhldarby

Has anyone had a resolution to this problem? I cannot get mine to work either! 

Login to Me Too

Megashape
Contributor
Contributor

Honestly seems like nobody in Tangerine cares. Nobody to speak with, same issue persists, seems to be no solution. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.