Cannot Add Back Bank Checking Account.

dennisto999
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Everybody, So my Bank Checking Account suddenly wouldn't work for purchases and was told to add a debit or credit card to complete the purchase but I do not use that, So I decided to remove and re-add the checking account but now it says it is unable to add my bank account at this moment. Please help!

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dennisto999 

Have you had a failed bank transfer or negative balance recently?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

dennisto999
Contributor
Contributor
I do not really know, I only ever made 3 successful purchases on websites using my bank checking account payment method. I have money in the checking account still and no charges from PayPal yet. @kernowlass
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dennisto999 

Then the only other reason it would happen is because with bank transfer its never instant as Paypal use the cheaper echeque option.

So as they do that they credit the seller up front for you and paypal wait for the funds to complete from your bank account.

But they only like to do that if you have a back up card linked to your paypal account as well, to reduce risk to them of your bank transfer failing when they have already paid upfront. That is why they may have asked you to add a card.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

dennisto999
Contributor
Contributor
Oh I see now, but what about not being able to add my bank account back ? @kernowlass
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dennisto999 

Allow at least 72 hours between removing and re-adding it to allow paypals system to play catch up.

Also clear cache/cookies. If all fails contact c.s. to add it for you?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

dennisto999
Contributor
Contributor
Alright, Thanks for the help.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.