Can't use PayPal balance on steam anymore

Melonslise
Contributor
Contributor

Practically yesterday I made a few purchases on steam without any problems, but I can't use my PayPal balance on steam now for some reason.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Kreegah
Contributor
Contributor

Change from "My paypal" to "Paypal" under payment options on Steam purchase window.

Then you should be able to choose Paypal Balance,. or any cards added.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Melonslise wrote:

Practically yesterday I made a few purchases on steam without any problems, but I can't use my PayPal balance on steam now for some reason.

You made too many Steam transactions. Give it a little rest. PayPal security system throttling the transactions likely. It monitors user behavior with their accounts, me thinks.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Melonslise
Contributor
Contributor

I don't think that's the reason. I just don't get the option to use my balance at all. PayPal suggested I attach a card and I did, but Steam tried to use my card to pay and I still didn't get an option to use my PayPal balance. I tried setting my balance as preferred, but nothing changed.

Login to Me Too

pavlinpd
Contributor
Contributor

Have you found a solution?

Login to Me Too
Solved

Kreegah
Contributor
Contributor

Change from "My paypal" to "Paypal" under payment options on Steam purchase window.

Then you should be able to choose Paypal Balance,. or any cards added.

Login to Me Too

D_Flello
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Kreegah this solved my problem.

Login to Me Too

tokar86a
New Community Member

I have try that option that Kreegah proposes but it dont seems to be working for me. Is it anything else that you can do?

Login to Me Too

eryops75

I don't see anyplace where there's an option to choose between "PayPal" and "My PayPal". When I go to pay, there's the dropdown menu where you choose your payment type (includes credit cards, etc.). The only option there is "PayPal" and once you click on that, a screen comes up that has the PayPal link logo that logs you in, where I only have the options to use a credit card on file or open up a PayPal Credit line.

Login to Me Too

eryops75

Okay, it's opaque, but it seems to work fine. I choose a credit card, and in the next payment screen, Steam has a note saying that funds will be pulled from a PayPal balance if available, and if not, it will draw from the credit card chosen. Verified this was the case after purchase.

Login to Me Too

Jesbus
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you. For linked Dutch bank accounts it's the same.
I can only choose to pull from my bank account, but in the small print it says it will pull from Paypal balance first.
I have confirmed that it does.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.