Can't transfer funds from bank account to paypal.

HikariU1
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to transfer funds into my paypal account to pay off funds that are in the negative in my balance due to a hiccup with my bank. When I click "Add Funds" and go through the process at the end it fails and I'm told "This transaction failed because we were unable to verify this credit card through our card validation process. " even though this is the only card I use for paypal. So I tried to send money from my bank to paypal directly using the payee information they provide when you click the link, but the name and iban payee info for paypal exceeds the letter count and so I am unable to add them as a payee to send them the money. What can I do? 

Would really appreciate some help with this, thank you!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HikariU1 

Ways to clear a negative balance.

1. Transfer funds from your bank account via the add funds function.

2. The quickest and easiest way is to get a mate or family member to send a payment via the friends / family option. As long as they don't fund it with a card it should be free.

3. Via a card over the phone with paypal.

4. Or mail a cheque as per link.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/what-should-i-do-if-my-balance-is-negative-faq1905?app=s...

5. Buy something and Paypal will normally add the debt to that payment during checkout when you authorise the purchase.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HikariU1 

Ways to clear a negative balance.

1. Transfer funds from your bank account via the add funds function.

2. The quickest and easiest way is to get a mate or family member to send a payment via the friends / family option. As long as they don't fund it with a card it should be free.

3. Via a card over the phone with paypal.

4. Or mail a cheque as per link.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/what-should-i-do-if-my-balance-is-negative-faq1905?app=s...

5. Buy something and Paypal will normally add the debt to that payment during checkout when you authorise the purchase.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

HikariU1
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

Can't believe I didn't think to get a family member to just transfer the money to my paypal account, my brother sorted me out just there, thank you so much! 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HikariU1 

😁

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.