Can't set credit card nickname

PassinThru
Contributor
Contributor

If I go to the page to create a nickname for my credit card, the process doesn't work. I enter the name in the box provided, and click the Save button, but nothing happens. The card keeps its default name. I've tried several different names, and the result is the same. Has anyone successfully created a nickname for their credit card using the Wallet page?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Iris

Hello @PassinThru,

Welcome to PayPal Community! I understand that you are having issues setting a nickname for your stored funding sources. I know this can be concerning. Sometimes, it helps if you clear cache and cookies on the device you are using, or utilizing different browsers. Generally, when you are setting a nickname for your bank or card, it can take some time for the change to reflect throughout your account. You will see the nickname listed on your funding sources in your account, but the default name may appear when making a purchase or payment. 

I hope this helps! 

Iris
If you find this post helpful, feel free to provide kudos or accept a post as a solution to help make our community better.
Login to Me Too

PassinThru
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Iris -

I've tried Safari and Chrome (Mac), I've cleared cache and cookies. I tried to add a nickname a couple of days ago, and it still hasn't changed. 

I just tried it again, and nothing changes when I hit Save. The pages behaves like a mockup. The buttons and fields are there, but they don't do anything.

- Scott

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Iris

Hello,

Thank you for your prompt response. In situations like these it may be best to contact Customer Support. You can reach Customer Support by clicking Contact and then Message Us (when available) at the bottom of the PayPal website. They're also available through Twitter direct message or Facebook instant message.  

Message Us

Twitter Direct Message

Facebook Instant Message

Iris
If you find this post helpful, feel free to provide kudos or accept a post as a solution to help make our community better.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.