Can't send crypto

dshannon21
Contributor
Contributor

s it even possible to send crypto to an external wallet, I only get a very general error from paypal even thou i have bitcoin, have a valid bitcoin address to send to, have verified my personal info. Only get some general error message like "cannot do this transaction at this time" what a joke! I;m very experienced and am doing this all correctly and its obvious its a problem within paypal. So all said and done i got ripped off for fees having to sell my bitcoin back to cash and just use my current exchange. Utterly zero help from paypal and zero knowledge from customer service, that means zero chance that you have my business going forward. Thanx for no help with your services

Login to Me Too
149 REPLIES 149

Baileypnw
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing is happening to me, It should be illegal. I am not able to send my Crypto to a external wallet. Nobody to speak to and nobody to help. Everytime I try, it puts up a orange cone and says cant do this right now..COMPLETE BS. I was warned to not put crypto on Paypal and i should of listened. 

They are literally holding it hostage and not allowing me access to it. And whats amazing.......They dont have solution. 

Im done with Paypal, there stock and there site

Login to Me Too

grl2023

same issues - I was told to wait 48 hours... no resolution when I calling them, the person could not unlock the security trips or tell me why the bitcoin transfer was not working...   chat bot this Paypal does not even understand Bitcoin transfer it defaults to ordinary transfers,... what mess if Paypal is in the crypto business or not granted this my first time a company wanted to be paid using crypto Bitcoin --- then I bought it in Paypal they get that commission on the purchase but now I cannot transfer it to a legit wallet.. 

Login to Me Too

Temp20230112za
Contributor
Contributor

the exact same thing because they're **bleep** me on fees because i'm thinking about selling it and trying to get it somewheres else I mean cause in the meantime the price is fluctuating way different than what it was when I bought and needed it and then on top of that paypal's gonna get $5 in fees from me. When I bought a dollar to test it always seen it just fine we try to send you know $50 and it's a big deal

Login to Me Too

benzito
Contributor
Contributor

sign me up for class action its only a matter of time. EXACT same issue and would like to repeat this persons question.... HAS ANYONE BEEEN ABLE TO SEND CRYPTO BOUGHT VIA PAYPAL TO AN EXTERNAL WALLET? an explicitly advertised feature upon purchasing and paying fee to paypal.

Login to Me Too

ItsNextGenVinta
Contributor
Contributor
Yes I have, but it seems every other time I try, I get the orange cone technical error. I sent an message to support and the response was completely useless. Because I couldn't take a screen shot of the error, I restated the error message, which mentions re-entering your info.(transfer info) The support rep suggested I re-enter my linked bank card. WTH??? What does my bank card have to do with my crypto? Not to mention that nothing on my account has changed since I successfully transferred crypto 2 days ago. This is BS. I'm done
Login to Me Too

2023Crypto
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same issue.  I was told it's because I don't have an established Crypto History and to try transferring smaller amounts.  These **bleep** have been holding my crypto (BTC and ETH) for over a year and now they won't let me have my MONEY.  I get the same STUPID USELESS generic message. "Critical error" "There's a problem Right now, we're not able to complete this transaction."  "OK".  I'm going to write a letter to the CEO and Board of Directors.  You know they're holding that money as long as possible to earn interest through treasuries or other fixed income instruments.  **bleep**.  I'm also going to see if there's a governmental agency these **bleep** answer to.

Login to Me Too

Jvernsey
Contributor
Contributor

Yesss me too, im out so much money on fees its sickening... I just tried it again yesterday and i was able to do it , only using the platform for small amounts here and there, nothing big. we will get our money back somehow, i cant def. see this not staying quiet with people , they are robbing us. 

Login to Me Too

Did waiting 72 hours work for you? I got told the same thing from a rep. 

Login to Me Too

JohnTA23
Contributor
Contributor

Jvernsey
Contributor
Contributor

Every time I try to purchase cryptocurrency, it allows me to buy it and then when I go to send it to an external wallet, it says we encountered a problem but I can send it to another PayPal user and it’s not just my account other people that I know are having the same issue it just sporadically will work so then I have to sell the cryptocurrency which is an I am charge fees by PayPal, so I’m losing money. This is ridiculous. I want an answer in there and seems to be nothing on your website that is a solution to this problem.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.