Can't sell crypto currency due to verification

Temp20211016
Contributor
Contributor
Paypal have the worst customer support I've ever experienced so hoping someone on here can shed more light. I bought Bitcoin via PayPal, after realising there is literally nothing you can do with the Bitcoin as you can't send anywhere I tried to sell it. When I go to sell PayPal is now saying they can't verify my identity; the very same company that sold me the cryptocurrency in the first place and confirms they've verified my identity when logging into my account. After calling customer services and being on the phone for 1hr 30 mins, being passed to 3 different reps to get to the right department I've been given absolutely no help. They couldn't say why I'm not being verified. I've been been told to wait (I already had after following advice from a rep 3 days prior) as trying again can trigger the system to block a transaction. When I asked how long to wait so as not to trigger the system I was told a day or two which I said I've done. When I asked the reps name as I'd like to report the company to trading standards he smugly replied that cryptocurrencies aren't regulated. Is this just an elaborate scam by PayPal and I'm wasting my time and energy trying to get my money back? My mom has just been diagnosed with incurable cancer so I really don't need the added stress of losing £200 of my money. I don't know what to do... How long is enough to not trigger identification errors? I asked to be transferred to someone higher up as I was just been told the system is doing it's job. Clearly it's not as a quick Google search and countless topics on here show horror stories of people facing the same frustration and given no information. I don't believe there's no one in the company that can't check as to why I'm not being verified. How do I contact them? The rep said he'd put me through to someone higher up but just put me back to the first phone menu. I just want someone to help me and not say to wait (without giving me a time period of how long to wait) or giving vague responses that's it's how the system works (yet the system isn't working and I'm told no one can look into matters). PLEASE SOMEONE ACTUALLY HELP. I've got ADHD and it's hard to not let this consume my thoughts as I've been scammed out of £200. I want to know how to esculate the matter.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Temp20211016
Contributor
Contributor
I did add paragraphs and PayPal removed them for some reason 😞 Oh and to add, I've tried off laptop and phone. Tried clearing cookies and cache - all to no avail
Login to Me Too

YutaSan
New Community Member

I'm having the same problem. But instead of buying I accidently accepted an offer or promotion of the free 5$ bitcoin. Like if it goes down will I have to pay for it? I've been contacting the PayPal resolution people for over a week and they always make me wait a long time just to hear the same answers. I let the PayPal resolution center know that I had made an error and mistake on this and that I'm underage. They permanently limited my account and I'm really scared and paranoid on what's going to happen since I can't show any identity nor provide any credit or debit information since I don't have any connections with banks. I'm scared of what's going to happen because I see my bitcoin going down and losing value each day. I don't want to get myself in more trouble or pay taxes and get federally in trouble. 

If you have any idea or information, please reply 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.