Can't link my BDO visa debit card to my account

LeZi
Contributor
Contributor

I've been trying since June 22 on linking my card to my account ever since I removed it only once (since my card on Ebay keeps getting declined, so I was trying to kinda refresh it by unlinking and linking it). 

I've already contacted BDO and they said that they found no problems regarding my card and that it is approved for online transactions. Please help me, I badly want to purchase the mic I finally won in a bid huhuhu

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Callie

Hello @LeZi

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I am sorry if you've run into some issues trying to make a purchase and hope that since some time has gone by, you've been able to get that taken care of. If not, it sounds like there may be some issues getting your card added again. You can find more helpful information on why this can happen here

We'd want to take a closer look into this. To avoid sharing personal information over a public forum I would recommend reaching out to our Customer Service support through either Facebook or Twitter. If you don't have a Facebook or Twitter account, you can always go to the bottom of any PayPal page and click "Help" or "Contact." 

- Callie 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9
Solved

PayPal_Callie

Hello @LeZi

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I am sorry if you've run into some issues trying to make a purchase and hope that since some time has gone by, you've been able to get that taken care of. If not, it sounds like there may be some issues getting your card added again. You can find more helpful information on why this can happen here

We'd want to take a closer look into this. To avoid sharing personal information over a public forum I would recommend reaching out to our Customer Service support through either Facebook or Twitter. If you don't have a Facebook or Twitter account, you can always go to the bottom of any PayPal page and click "Help" or "Contact." 

- Callie 

Login to Me Too

LeZi
Contributor
Contributor
OMG I forgot about this post altogether, but this problem of mine has already been addressed and taken care of by Paypal since yesterday. I just forgot to perhaps maybe take this down or what. My only problem now is why my transactions aren't getting through, but perhaps that's just a problem with either my card issuer or the internal security system of Paypal itself. Thanks for answering though!! Very much appreciated
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Callie

Hello again, @LeZi

I am glad you were able to get the first issue sorted. If you are not able to get the payment to go through, it could be due to your card issuer. You may also want to try to make the purchase again later. Should you continue to run into issues, you can always reach out to us through the steps provided above. 

Hopefully you can get your payment to go through soon! 

- Callie

Login to Me Too

LeZi
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah about that... I think it's more likely of the internal security system as when I was on the call with a Paypal representative, she told me that my transaction did show up on the system but then it wouldn't make the transaction and is blocked which apparently can potentially harm me (and my card hahaha) Which makes me wonder since I'm purchasing the item on Ebay, perhaps it isn't really safe there anymore?? I don't know... also tried to purchase something through Amazon but I don't know if it's the system or the card issuer since I was no longer on the call with the representative. Anyways, hope I do have my problem sorted out soon since it's already been a week this has been going on hahaha
Login to Me Too

AngieGaduang123
Contributor
Contributor

Hi LeZi,

May I know how you fixed it? I am getting error when I am trying to link my BDO debit card too.

It says" Sorry, we're unable to link that bank because it is disable. Please try another bank."

How did you fix yours? Thanks!

Login to Me Too

I'm experiencing similar problem. My BDO debit card has been declined - but I can see transactions recorded in my BDO online transaction, amount was credited and was immediately debited. I've been searching for technical solution but I didn't find any. Called the Bank earlier and was told that my debit card has no issues in their end. They advised me to contact Paypal - but there's no customer service agent. Tried calling hotline in US but I dropped the call after 2 minutes for fear that it will charge me DDD call.

How do I resolve this? Need your help.

Login to Me Too

micaferrer
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem with me. I cannot seem to link my BDO Visa Debit card recently. I tried it twice and it was declined. 

@PayPal_Callie please advise how we can fix this issue. Thanks.

Login to Me Too

jonnnalintao
New Community Member

Hii! Had the same problem. What I did was to use Link Bank Account instead of Link Credit Card. You can link your BDO (debit) Account Number instead of your card number. Hope this works for you too! Cheers 

Login to Me Too

TristanPatrictA
Contributor
Contributor

I'm also having both issues right now with linking either my BDO bank account or my debit card. Both of them seems to say that they couldn't link to my bank because it is disabled. What should I be doing to fix this?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.