Can't link credit card that was used (but since removed!) on a different account

BenGeva
Contributor
Contributor
Hi! I linked my credit card to an account, and made some transactions. A few days ago I removed this card from the account, and even CLOSED this account. Now I've opened a new account and I'm trying to link the same credit card to it but I can't. It says this card is being used on a different account... Help? Thanks a lot!
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BenGeva 

Allow 72 hours between removing and adding + clear cookies/cache and if no luck try another browser/device OR ask customer services for help to link it?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

BenGeva
Contributor
Contributor
I tried all of the above mentioned solutions, none worked. I guess I'll have to wait and talk to support Thank you!
Login to Me Too

Niyonzima1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I have the same problem, I ask that when you manage to solve it, give me a signal on this email: (removed)@gmailcom Thanks!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi @BenGeva and @Niyonzima1

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum. 

A card can be added to a maximum of 3 PayPal accounts. If the card you are trying to add has already been registered on 3 accounts, despite being removed, it will not allow you to use the card on any new subsequent accounts. If this is the case, please use an alternative bank/card on your PayPal account. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Niyonzima1
Contributor
Contributor
@PayPal_Siobhan2 The card has only been linked to one account
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

@Niyonzima1

Thank you for your response. In this case the card may not be fully removed from the old account. Please also be advised that most virtual cards are not compatible with PayPal. I would suggest contacting us via Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/PayPal/, Twitter - @AskPayPal., chat or phone and we would be happy to advise.

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.