Can't link Bank Account

DesignedByMB
Contributor
Contributor

I have been unable to link my bank accounts for over a month now! I switched banks and needed to update my banking information. However, I keep receiving a "Sorry, we can’t link your bank account right now" error message. It's frustrating! Especially when you operate your business through PayPal! Invoices and all! I have been through the automated chat with no success of fixing the issue, and it's clearly not an actual person I'm speaking with. Can someone PLEASE help me resolve this issue! I have looked all over for a solution with no success. Especially since it is holiday season, and the last thing a freelancer needs is issues with accepting payment from clients. Please help!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DesignedByMB
Contributor
Contributor

After many failed attempts through chat / messaging a rep finally called me. I had to verify my identity over the phone for them to fix the issue. It seems the PayPal account locks itself. For what reason I don’t know. There’s no solution for you fix the issue yourself. You have to wait on a PayPal rep which is frustrating. Because you can’t call them directly first. Hope this helps someone.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
30 REPLIES 30
Solved

DesignedByMB
Contributor
Contributor

After many failed attempts through chat / messaging a rep finally called me. I had to verify my identity over the phone for them to fix the issue. It seems the PayPal account locks itself. For what reason I don’t know. There’s no solution for you fix the issue yourself. You have to wait on a PayPal rep which is frustrating. Because you can’t call them directly first. Hope this helps someone.

Login to Me Too

MattRodriguez
Contributor
Contributor

How did you contact the sales rep? Because I'm having the same issue right now and it's really frustrating. 😠

Login to Me Too

Kate146
New Community Member

have you had any luck because I am having the same problem and I just can't get hold of a rep

Login to Me Too

MattRodriguez
Contributor
Contributor

Well I can't use the same bank account now because the account I originally linked my bank to was deleted when I was trying to fix an error, so now I can't recover it at all.

Login to Me Too

Johnswife
Contributor
Contributor
I’ve had this problem for weeks I’ve called PayPal support they tell me to give it 24 to 48 hours and they will call me back to assist me but in the mean time don’t try linking it anymore and I’ve waited weeks literally with no call back and several more attempts to call support and get the same reply every time that they will call back, to say the least I’ve been dealing with this for literally months and still have had no luck linking my account I’m seriously ready to shut down PayPal and use cashapp it’s so much easier and no issues with linking accounts and customer service is so helpful
Login to Me Too

DesignedByMB
Contributor
Contributor
There’s no number on the contact us to call a rep last timed I checked. Their reason was due to high volume, short staff. You can only chat / message a rep. Once the rep I was messaging/ chatting with online noticed the problem was not getting fixed over the chat THEN that’s when the PayPal rep decided to call me. They won’t let you contact them via phone first for now. Which is why it was frustrating for me too. You have to wait for them to contact you via phone unfortunately. You have to go through the chat first before anything.
Login to Me Too

LJSilver
Contributor
Contributor

How can I start a chat?

Login to Me Too

DBerry70
New Community Member

I have spoken to a rep on multiple occaisions and have been told 1. wait 2 hours.....nothing 2. wait 48 hours.....still nothing.  I do not understand why this is such a difficult problem to solve when it seems like there are multiple people with the same problem!  I am waiting to hear back as it has been a month running back and forth with this issue.

Login to Me Too

OM2021
Contributor
Contributor

I'm facing the same issue.  The "Help" tab is unhelpful. I called the bank and they couldn't figure it out either.  How does one get a call from Paypal to resolve this or could PayPal post a solution with screenshot instructions?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.