CAN'T LINK PAYPAL ACCOUNT TO SOUTH AFRICAN FNB PROFILE

Diana444
New Community Member

I am tearing my hair out and have spent hours on this problem.   I cannot link my FNB account to my Paypal account as it keeps telling me my Paypal account is not verified.  There is nowhere in the Paypal website that tells me what to do to verify the account.  Any suggestions please?

Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Diana444 

Normally you can verify by adding and confirming a credit card to your SA account and then..........

To link your PayPal account to your ETF account, follow these steps:

Click on PayPal Services and then on Link PayPal Profile.
Follow the instructions to link your accounts. You will need to sign in to your PayPal account to confirm that you are the account holder.

After linking your PayPal account to your ETF account, follow these steps to transfer funds to your ETF bank account from your PayPal account:

Click on PayPal Services and then on Withdraw from PayPal.
Enter the transfer amount in USD dollars. (Please check that your PayPal balance is sufficient to make the transfer.)
Follow the instructions to confirm the exchange rate, the Rand amount you will receive, and the Transaction Terms and Conditions.
You will be directed to PayPal to sign in and verify the amount you are transferring to your ETF account.
Then you will be redirected to the FNB site. Your funds will be transferred to your bank account within 3 to 6 business days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Mosibudi
Contributor
Contributor

Mine is not linked even after registering on the FNB profile. The card is showing on my PayPal account, but nothing from FNB

Login to Me Too

Jo-AnneD123
Contributor
Contributor

Apparently FNB's paypal services are currently unavailable. I have been struggling with the same issue. They said it would be resolved shortly, but it's been a while.

Login to Me Too

Lark2
Contributor
Contributor
The same thing happened to me, so when did the Paypal services become unavailable on their website?😞😞😞 After three long weeks trying to struggling with registering for an online banking profile when a breakthrough finally happens there is another wall blocking.
Login to Me Too

Danzo11
Even until today, same problem verifying paypal account and linking it to fnb profile. I'm getting fed up!!!!
Login to Me Too

Thandekamboyisa
Contributor
Contributor

am also struggling it's been weeks now.

Login to Me Too

Danzo11
Same problem
Login to Me Too

Lark2
Contributor
Contributor
You have to verify it directly on ur paypal account,i dn't remember very well since it's been a while since i did mine, but i'll try to help cz i also struggled verifying. Click on the FNB card on ur paypal account, i think it will require a fee which will be deducted from the card which will be returned to ur account , then go back ur fnb online profile c if its verified...if u only hv an fnb online banking profile i dnt knw how it will work bt u can try
Login to Me Too

Nonhlanhla85
Contributor
Contributor
I am struggling with the grant permission button to to paypal on my FNB bamking app, can you assist me with this?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.