Banks and cards

UgoKings
Contributor
Contributor
How do I link my debit card to my Paypal account? I've tried severally and it's saying 'Check your information and try again'
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

ShaqOatmeal
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, sorry to hear that you are having trouble with linking your card. It is rather regular here. After 1.4 million error messages (every single one of them different) and after spending 2 days on phone with customer support, I managed to get my card linked. Just hang on there. You'll eventually get there too. It might take a while, it might require a lot of effort and it might drive you nuts, but in the end everything is going to be fine.

A few things you might try:

1. Try to add your card using mobile app when you have been attempting to do that on the PayPal website.

2. Try to add your card via PayPal website when you have been attempting to do that using the mobile app.

3. Try using different web browsers. Firefox is rather good one.

4. Have you tried all the browsers? What about Onion?

5. Still unlucky, go with Wise or other similar service provider instead.

Good luck!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ShaqOatmeal 

Your advice is WRONG.

You can't add or link a DEBIT card in NIGERIA.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@UgoKings 

You can't add a local bank account / debit card in your country.
You can only link a visa credit card.

Also the option to receive paypal payments is sadly not available in Nigeria.
You can only send payments for purchases funded by your (confirmed) credit card.

Paypal varies a lot country to country and can only offer the services that the banks / governments of that country allow it to offer.
There are quite a few countries unable to receive paypal payments.

https://www.paypal.com/ga/webapps/mpp/ua/residence-full

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

UgoKings
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass Thank you very much for making this very clear to me. However, what I have is a Visa Debit card from my country. Please help me. How else do I make a payment online?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@UgoKings 

You can only add a visa credit card as i have already told you and posted the link that makes that clear.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.