Bank account linking

Tedoux
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I have just set up my PayPal account and I wanna link my bank account to it. But when trying to link, it says US Bank account, but I'm not a US citizen and I don't have a bank account there. How can I link a bank account from the country I live? Thanks

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Tedoux
Contributor
Contributor

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tedoux 

Not every country has the ability to add a bank account.

If you are only getting the U.S bank account option then you would only be able to add a debit or credit card.

You can however add a U.S bank account (not card) if you have one to 'most' other countries paypal accounts. This is because paypal is a U.S company and so allows this.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Tedoux
Contributor
Contributor
OK thank you for your help. I have a debit Visa card. It works right? I am a little afraid, because I've been reading 4,5 post where they said they could withdraw their money as even when they successfully linked their debit or credit cards. When clicking withdraw it says link your bank account. (that's the main issue many people are having, and I'm afraid it will happen to me too). Any thoughts on that? Was it a bug or is there a legit reason why those people(over 10 people who I've saw on the post) weren't able to withdraw their money even when their card was linked and activated?
Login to Me Too

Tedoux
Contributor
Contributor

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.