Bank linked to max paypal accounts

neil491
Contributor
Contributor
I have a ING account in Belgium. It uses a bancontact card (maestro). When I try to link my ING bank account with paypal (which I have never done before) I get the message: Sorry, that bank is already linked to the maximum number of PayPal accounts. I don't understand because I have never used this account with any other paypal account. Help?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @pijong21,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting!

I understand that you're unable to add your bank. Please be informed that you can only add one Bank account to your PayPal account 3 times in a lifetime. In this case, you will have to add a different bank only. Since you mentioned that you do not have any other PayPal account, you may reach out to our customer support team through the available contact options on our website.

Regards,
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @neil491

Thanks for posting in the Community! 

I'm sorry you're having trouble adding a bank. For account-specific assistance, I recommend contacting Customer Support. You can contact Customer Support by clicking 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal page. Support is also available if you send a DM to @AskPayPal on Twitter or a PM to facebook.com/PayPal. 

I hope you're able to add the bank soon! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Niki4r34l
New Community Member
I have only ever had one PayPal account and I have never had this bank account linked to it. Every time I try to link to the account, it recognizes my username and password and sends me a confirmation code, everything seems to work. Then during the finals authorization it says "Sorry something went wrong" I have tried it multiple times on my phone and desktop computer on different days, and it always the same. I then noticed an option to "link the account another way". This calls for my routing and account number, so I put that in and it says "sorry this account is linked to the maximum number of PayPal accounts". How can this be if I only have ever had one PayPal account and have never linked this account before?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Niki4r34l 

You haven't added your country to your profile (so we can see when we hover over your username) or said in your post which country you are in so unfortunately we can't advise.
Paypal varies a great deal country to country so you need to tell us where you are on this worldwide community forum.

Also you haven't said if its a local bank / U.S bank / digital bank or which type?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

KatrinaSimpson7
New Community Member

I try to link my bank account however I get an error message "the bank account is already liked to the maximum number of paypal accounts". I don't believe there is any other  paypal accounts linked to my bank account. Please help

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KatrinaSimpson7 

Have you added / removed it at least 3 times from 'any' paypal account including your present one?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

pijong21
New Community Member

What to do? I added my bank account then gets an error saying "Sorry, that bank is already linked to the max number of paypal Accounts. But i do not have another paypal account.

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @pijong21,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting!

I understand that you're unable to add your bank. Please be informed that you can only add one Bank account to your PayPal account 3 times in a lifetime. In this case, you will have to add a different bank only. Since you mentioned that you do not have any other PayPal account, you may reach out to our customer support team through the available contact options on our website.

Regards,
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.