How do I show a running balance...

MaxSMoke777
New Community Member

As of 11-30-2021, it hasn't been fixed or addressed. I am very concerned as there's $200 more in my account at the moment then there should be. One might think "Yah, free money!", but I depend on PayPal for my business, and I'm certain they'll come for that over balance sooner or later. I can't even figure out how, or even when, this happened because I can't get a running balance! 

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

PayPal_JonK

Hello @MaxSMoke777,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I was able to find a Help Center article you may find useful: How do I find a statement report of my PayPal transaction history or running balance?

I hope downloading your activity will help you find any unrecognized activity. 

Good luck!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

SoaringSeal
Contributor
Contributor

When I click the balance view, it has the minor oversight that it no longer shows the available balance from transaction to transaction. Someone on the tech team needs to fix this mildly startling omission.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @SoaringSeal,

Thanks for joining the Community! 

I understand your concerns about not being able to see a running balance. It sounds like you may find downloading your statements beneficial. You can learn how on our Help Center: How do I download a statement report of my PayPal transaction history?

I hope this helps! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

SoaringSeal
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Meagan,  That will probably allow me to access the information I needed.   But, I would encourage the development team to either totally rename the balance view or have the balance view actually show the bloody balance (like it used to do).  I would encourage you to pass this suggestion on to them. 

Login to Me Too

Julejr88
Contributor
Contributor

I totally agree with you.  It's really inconvenient to not be able to see the running balance.  

Login to Me Too

maverick01
Contributor
Contributor

The help article you referenced "How do I find a statement report of my PayPal transaction history or running balance? " is not correct. It does not show the running balance. In my account it only shows gross, fee, and net. No running balance.

maverick01_1-1651159109735.png

Login to Me Too

maverick01
Contributor
Contributor

I finally discovered that the only way you can see the running balance is if you download the CSV file.

Login to Me Too

gertdoggydotcom
Contributor
Contributor

No this does not "solve" the issue.

The balance is not being shown in balance view. This is a issue. It used to work just fine, now it doesn't. This needs to be escalated so that it can be fixed and not some lame work around like you have given us. FIX YOUR PROBLEMS, ENOUGH EXCUSES

Login to Me Too

Hopeinal
Contributor
Contributor

Amazon has started charging me for a purchase, refunding almost immediately often within minutes, then charging again then refunding again....I don't know what they're doing and have contacted them and they don't know either. It's very confusing. I think maybe I could make more sense of all the giving then taking away if I could see a running balance. But I can't. Does anybody know where that function is hiding?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.