Adding an ASB New Zealand Bank Account

itzems
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there, I have tried multiple times to link my bank account and I have been unsuccessful. I have called my bank (I am with ASB) and they have no idea how to help but they have confirmed I have the correct bank account number. How do I resolve this issue? I have searched online for many solutions but nothings helped yet. Thanks.

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

PayPal_Randy

@itzems,

Does the name and billing address associated with the bank match the name and address registered on the PayPal account?  Even a small discrepancy can result in PayPal's system blocking the ability to link the bank to your account.

- Randy

Login to Me Too

Crystalmtnz
Contributor
Contributor
I too am having this issue as paypal asks for 11 digits and New Zealand Bank accounts only have 9-10 digits depending on if the account suffix has 2 or 3 digits. How do I fix this?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Crystalmtnz,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting,

Here's how to add a NZ bank account to your NZ PayPal account:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Wallet at the top of the page.
  3. Click Link a Bank Account on the right.
  4. Choose a bank account to link (US/NZ).
  5. Enter the requested information and click Agree and Link.

You can add up to 8 bank accounts to your PayPal account. Each bank account can only be linked to one PayPal account at a time.

Bank number format:

• A prefix representing the bank and branch (six digits), otherwise known as the Bank code;
  • The body (seven digits); and
  • The suffix representing the product/account type (two or three digits).

For example:
12-3456-7654321-00
Bank number: 123456 (First 6 numbers without the dash)
Account number: 7654321-00 (Dash at 8th or 9th position)

Please note: If you are having trouble with the account number being accepted:

1. If you have a three-digit suffix (-000) then remove one after the dash
  2. If you have a two-digit suffix but a 10 digit account number, then remove the beginning 0

The benefits of adding a bank account:

• You can withdraw directly to your bank account.
  • You can also add a US bank account to your PayPal account. When initiating a transfer, the currency would be converted to US dollars before being received by the bank.
    • Withdrawal of funds to a US bank account will attract a fee of 2.50%

Rachael 

Login to Me Too

Dayday1069
Contributor
Contributor
Hi I have followed your instructions and all fields have accepted input details but I am getting an ajax error 403. Please help
Login to Me Too

lisamaria69
New Community Member

omg thanks so much for posting this i was finally able to get it all sorted . bless you 

Login to Me Too

Nadia_Vlady

Hi there, can you share how you did it please? I have no luck to add any dash to the acc number, it's just doesn't work.

I SORTED IT! The secret is: you can't do it from the app, you need to login into your account on the PayPal website, from there you can add your bank acc number with dash

Login to Me Too

Tangiwai
New Community Member
This is still not working for me
Login to Me Too

Wacky_tangle
New Community Member
Hey there I can't seem to add any --- please help.
Login to Me Too

Nadia_Vlady

Same problem. Even if i type acc number somewhere with a dash, then copy and past it - dash removes automatically. And there is no option to add it, its just doesn't work

I SORTED IT! The secret is: you can't do it from the app, you need to login into your account on the PayPal website, from there you can add your bank acc number with dash

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.