Add money

Stromme
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to add money to my PayPal wallet, but when I go to Wallet and click "Transfer funds", I just get the message "There is nothing to transfer right now." It only seems to be possible to transfer funds from my wallet to my linked bank account, but not from the linked bank account or credit card to the wallet. Is that not possible with a PayPal Philippines account?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Stromme 

The option to add funds is unfortunately not available in every country.
If you go to transfer below your balance and there is only the withdraw option then you won't be able to add funds.

As a buyer you never need funds in your Paypal balance.
Paypal will automatically take payment from any confirmed bank account or card (whichever is eligible in your country) during the payment process.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Stromme 

The option to add funds is unfortunately not available in every country.
If you go to transfer below your balance and there is only the withdraw option then you won't be able to add funds.

As a buyer you never need funds in your Paypal balance.
Paypal will automatically take payment from any confirmed bank account or card (whichever is eligible in your country) during the payment process.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Stromme
Contributor
Contributor

It is very unfortunate that it is not possible to add funds to your PayPal Wallet in some countries. Although it is possible to purchase things without that option, it is not possible to transfer funds to other PayPal users if that is the case.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Stromme 

You don't need to add funds to a balance to pay anyone at all.

Any paypal payment to sellers or mates can be funded via a bank account or card.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Stromme
Contributor
Contributor

I guess you are right with regard to transfer to other private PayPal users, but sometimes you need to transfer money from a linked PayPal account to other apps (like GCash in the Philippines), and that is not possible if you have no balance on your PayPal account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.