Add and confirm

shinelle1
New Community Member

I am unable to add bank account. It keeps saying This account needs a little help to link it. Contact us and we can help with that, or you can link a different account.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @shinelle1

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post!

I am sorry to know that you're facing issues while linking your bank account. Unfortunately, in your region, you won't be able to link a local bank account as the PayPal system doesn't support it. However, you can only link a US bank account to withdraw funds. As a funding source, you can certainly add cards such Visa, Amex, MasterCard, Discover to transact. Here's the help center article to link your card. 

I hope this helps,

Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

_MarkR
Contributor
Contributor
I have the same issue. And it's a US bank account
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@_MarkR 

As you haven't added your country to your profile (so we can see when we hover over your username) or said in your post which country you are in so unfortunately its hard for us to advise.
Paypal varies a great deal country to country so you need to tell us where you are on this worldwide community forum.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_RebeccaN

Hey @_MarkR

Thank you for your post! 

I would ask that you please ensure you do not have any outstanding account limitations. You can view any limitations on your Resolution Center when you select 'Go To Account Limitations'. Any limitations may need to be resolved before you can add a new bank account. 

It is important to ensure this bank account has your own name registered to it. More information can be found here: Why can't I add my bank? (paypal.com)

This could also be a security block. I would suggest waiting for 72 hours before trying to add your bank again. After 72 hours, please try and add your bank via the PayPal website rather than the app. Please also avoid using any VPNs. 

If this does not work, I would suggest reaching out to our customer service team directly. To contact our Customer Service team, click 'Help' or 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal Webpage. 

You can also contact us via Facebook PM or Twitter DM's. 

For Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal

For Twitter: @AskPayPal

I hope this helps, have a nice day! 

Rebecca 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

_MarkR
Contributor
Contributor
I called support and they were very helpful. Bank added successfully
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.