ARL collect Pty Ltd

Umerg13
New Community Member

I got this msg recently “Please contact ARL Collect Pty Ltd regarding an urgent business matter on <removed> or reply CALLME. Quote Ref DN106012136.” Asking if I don’t fix my negative balance in my paypal acc they will go to delta collection asking for a visa payment though the phone I’m scared maybe it not a legit company

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

David_G33
Contributor
Contributor

Same. It's odd that PayPal didn't just email me directly, and instead engaged a debt collector (assuming they're legitimate). 

As soon as I received the message I checked my balance and it was indeed negative, so I paid it immediately. I've asked PayPal what's up. This sort of thing screws up peoples credit rating 😕

Login to Me Too

celebkiriedhel
New Community Member

Googling this - I see that there are a lot of talk about this as being a scam.  If paypal are indeed using a collection agency, then there should be some mention of it in the terms and agreements, and in their help pages. I searched for it, and couldn't find any.

And it's being a scam back in 2015 - 2018

Login to Me Too

kronose
Contributor
Contributor
I got a email saying I owe PayPal 130$ and saying that I have to call them to resolve the situation and getting calls from random places Soo I blocked them because they would not tell me what I want to know and only asking me for the addresse and my details is this scam?
Login to Me Too

David_G33
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah I wouldn’t engage with ARL at all. PayPal never responded to my question about them. Best to login to your PayPal account and just resolve your balance when you can.
Login to Me Too

kronose
Contributor
Contributor
Do U think so.. but I got charged 130 dollars for no reasons... It's bit unfair and I got called today from arl again
Login to Me Too

poppyst
New Community Member

Hi

Same thing just happened to me.
No email or message from Paypal.

Very poor.

Login to Me Too

Sandz70
New Community Member

I have advised Google of an illegal software provider who charges voice recording software @ $300+ a week.  Trial for just 3 days which my 12 year old daughter selected (thought it was free of course) - I saw the email come through and quickly cancelled my credit card and bank account with Paypal.  I have told Google about this and they say they can't do anything.  I cancelled my credit card etc and now of course have a negative balance in Paypal which ARL have sent a letter about and are constantly harrassing me about - even though this has been explained to them.  I am happy to go to court over this and get media involved if need be as I am sure there are many others who have been scammed like this - this software must have be targeted at the youngsters like mine...  How many parents have just paid it?  It was put as $300 a week OMG.  I have copies to back this up - ridiculous and stressful the whole situation is.  I have emailed the SW supplier and of course as expected had no response when asking him to explain why it was so expensive and refund Paypal...  I cancelled the subscription, did what I could straight away and this whole situation frustrates me.

Login to Me Too

ACam05
New Community Member
I am also being harassed by ARL I have no idea who they are they won’t give me details when I tried to contact them. I was not aware my account had a negative balance however I have rectified this. I was told this could be a scam and if PayPal aren’t answering our questions this could be the case
Login to Me Too

nesspom
New Community Member

I have had no messages or emails from PayPal that I owe them money.  I have just received a posted letter from ARL to an address that I have never owned or lived in.  In fact I am a Real Estate Agent who is selling the property.  The  owner got the letter with my name and his address asking for $90.  I am supposed to go to their website and use a username that ARL has provided, but I need to put in my password as  my Date of Birth.  (I dont think so!).  My PayPal account is rarely used just for some online purchases.  I do not have $90 outstanding.  I phoned ARL and spoke to someone overseas.  She wanted my email, and I said no, then she told me the email she has on file, which is not mine.  Unfortunately, she now has my mobile as it showed up on her end. But I do think it was ARL I was phoning.   So I thought I would talk to PayPal only to find you cannot speak to anyone.  So I have left a message, and judging by these topics on this community I do not expect any contact at all.  So I am not going to pay, and hope this is a scam, and that my credit rating will not be affected.  Anyone else have a hard copy letter rather than sms or emails?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.