ADD VISA GIFT CARD BALANCE TO PAYPAL

temp20220121j
Contributor
Contributor

I HAVE A STACK OF VISA GIFT CARDS WITH SMALL BALANCES HOW CAN I PUT THE REMAINDER ON PAYPAL ACCOUNT??

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@temp20220121j

Its not possible to add funds into your own PayPal account with any Wallet linked card; whether a credit, debit, or prepaid gift card.

It may be possible to link the cards to your account for use as a funding source for payments.

Here is a PayPal link with details on gift cards.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/template-management/prepaid-gift-cards

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9
Solved

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@temp20220121j

Its not possible to add funds into your own PayPal account with any Wallet linked card; whether a credit, debit, or prepaid gift card.

It may be possible to link the cards to your account for use as a funding source for payments.

Here is a PayPal link with details on gift cards.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/template-management/prepaid-gift-cards

Login to Me Too

temp20220121j
Contributor
Contributor

Can I send the balances to someone else so they can use them up.

Login to Me Too

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@temp20220121j

You are not allowed to use PayPal for creative ways of obtaining a cash advance, for yourself, or others.

Login to Me Too

TYPE_O_NEGATIVE
Contributor
Contributor

It's not a cash advance, It's THEIR MONEY

Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

That may be possible however, I believe that because the funding source is a card, PayPal will charge you a fee.

Login to Me Too

Bossreims
New Community Member
Can PayPal please answer this question?
Login to Me Too

RichB161
New Community Member

I had the same problem and the guy I talked to (w/ Paypal) said the only way to do something like this is to transfer the money from the GC's on your account to a friend's PayPal account and then have that person just send you the money back to you as PayPal Cash. You can then use that balance as a whole instead of multiple GC's. You will have to pay the fee when transferring the money from the GC's to your friends account. Small price to pay to have the convenience of PayPal cash. I would think they'd come up with a much cleaner process for something as simple as this. 

Login to Me Too

Free2b4me
If yoy use amazon you can add them there. As many as you want. Go to gift card and add funds. My company used to give prepaid visa etc as gifts. I would end up with a ton with a few dollars etc.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.