HOW TO ADD VISA GIFT CARD BALANCE TO PAYPAL

redriderjf87
Contributor
Contributor

Bump.  I'm trying to use a gift card as well, to pay for part of a purchase. 

I'd like to either combine the gift card balance into my Paypal balance (and use my Paypal balance to make the whole purchase), or split the payment with my other payment source.  The vendor I'm purchasing from doesn't show the option to split payment when I select Paypal, so I'm assuming that adding the gift card to my PP balance is my only option.

I can't seem to find any way to do this other than sending an invoice to myself and faking it.  Am I missing something (hopefully?)

Thanks

Justin

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_DerrickD

Hi @redriderjf87,

I appreciate you taking the time to post your question here in our community. To clarify, there isn't a way to add your gift card balance to your PayPal account balance. If you have a Visa or Mastercard Gift card, the best way to go about your purchase would be to link your gift card to your PayPal account through your wallet first. Once linked, you can then checkout through PayPal and select your PayPal balance as your payment method. If you don't have the full amount in your available balance, you can then choose to fund your purchase through a second funding source which can be your gift card. 

I hope this helps!

-Derrick

Login to Me Too

TimFL

Important Step Before linking gift card. Be sure to register your gift card online first. If you link a Visa or MC gift card before it is registered, Paypal will block the card. I just had my gift card blocked by Paypal's system because i did not register it first. Somebody *cough* (Derrick) should have included that information in their reply.

Login to Me Too

Temp20221018
Contributor
Contributor
This worked a treat 😁
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.