"This card is linked to another PayPal account. Please remove the card..."

Kokni
Contributor
Contributor

Hello when i try to link a debit mastercard to my account it says "This card is linked to another Paypal account. Please remove the card from the other  account or try a different payment method". 

So the thing is that i borrowed my card to a friend so he can link it on his paypal because he needed an card. He unlinked it about month ago and i still get this message that i cannot link my card. I have tried on different devices, cleared browser cookies, tryed other browsers as well but nothing. I see that many people have this problem here in the community. Do i need to call the paypal or can i send them an e-mail somewhere?

Thanks everyone ❤️

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Megan

Hi @Kokni,

Thanks for being a member of the PayPal Community!

I definitely recognize the importance of having your card linked to your own account.

When was your card removed from your friends account? It can take some time for our system to recognize a removal. It is also possible that your card may not have been successfully removed from your friends account.

If you still face difficulty with linking this card, please contact us by clicking "Contact," at the bottom of any PayPal page.

I hope this is resolved for you soon!

-Megan S.

If you find this response or any other post helpful, you can make our Community better by giving Kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Kokni
Contributor
Contributor

It was 2 months ago. Do i pay cost of the call if i call paypal?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Megan

@Kokni 

Thanks for your reply. 

If a toll-free number is not available on the contact page for your region, the cost of the call would be yours. As an alternative, you can send a PM (Private Message) to PayPal on Facebook, or a DM to @AskPayPal on Twitter.

-Megan S.

If you find this response or any other post helpful, you can make our Community better by giving Kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.