Payment not completed on sellers site but money gone from bank. No transaction on paypal account?

Lemmy18
Contributor
Contributor
Payment not completed on sellers site but money gone from bank. No transaction on paypal account?
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

ShaqOatmeal
Contributor
Contributor
@Lemmy18 calm down, take a breath, and relax. Now, reword the questions in proper English so we can help you out.
Login to Me Too

Lemmy18
Contributor
Contributor

sorry. I was going to buy something from a sellers site using paypal. At the last moment, the sellers site cancelled the transaction, because the shipping address was a destination they don't ship to. So the payment didn't go through, there's no transaction in Paypal, but there is a pending transaction on my bank account (linked to the debit card saved on paypal) with the sellers name. 

Since there's no transaction on paypal, there's nothing for me to raise a dispute on Paypal with. Not sure how to get my money back... 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lemmy18 

If there is no transaction showing on your paypal account then did you pay as a guest buyer with a debit card (not bank account)?

If not then are the funds pending in your bank account or completed?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Lemmy18
Contributor
Contributor

I was going to buy something from a sellers site using paypal. At the last moment, the sellers site cancelled the transaction, because the shipping address was a destination they don't ship to. So the payment didn't go through, there's no transaction in Paypal, but there is a pending transaction on my bank account (linked to the debit card saved on paypal) with the sellers name. 

Since there's no transaction on paypal, there's nothing for me to raise a dispute on Paypal with. Not sure how to get my money back... 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lemmy18 

Pending status should drop off on your bank account after a few days.

If not just request your bank to release the pending funds as they are no longer needed for that transaction.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.