Linked card wont register as removed, error message on new account, card being used by old account

evaevie
New Community Member

There is no card attached to the old closed account and i got a confirmation email stating that i removed the card from that account, i made a new account later that day and tried to add the card and i got the error message that my card was linked to another paypal account, this is impossible, and i dont know how to solve it as i got a confirmation email on the old closed account that i had removed the only linked card. How do i solve this, does it take a full day to register that the card was removed?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Haiti954 

Wrong advice again.

@evaevie 

As long as you removed it from the closed account you can add it to a new account as long as you haven't added it 8 times in total to any PayPal accounts that have been opened then closed.

Allow 72 hours before trying to re add it and clear cookies/cache.

If still can't add contact customer services and they can add it for you.

They can also remove any cards from closed accounts if you forgot to remove any.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Haiti954
Contributor
Contributor
Unfortunately you’ll have to use a different credit card because it’s one per account. It doesn’t matter if you removed it already it won’t work on the new account
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Haiti954 

Wrong advice again.

@evaevie 

As long as you removed it from the closed account you can add it to a new account as long as you haven't added it 8 times in total to any PayPal accounts that have been opened then closed.

Allow 72 hours before trying to re add it and clear cookies/cache.

If still can't add contact customer services and they can add it for you.

They can also remove any cards from closed accounts if you forgot to remove any.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.