Card Verification Gone Awry

smallredboy
New Community Member

Hello. I'm eighteen and from Chile and finally got a bank account and a debit card. I added it to my new Paypal account, no issues there, but when I tried to verify it things started happening. I used two different codes that Paypal sent me while taking out money from my bank account, and despite making sure they were correct when I put them into the site, I was told they were incorrect, and after enough incorrect tries the site took out my debit card and I can't get it back in.

I tried contacting customer service and it was utterly useless. It's the only card I have. I don't know what to do.

Please help!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@smallredboy 

Every time you request a code to confirm a card or bank account it cancels the previous request/code.
If you input the first code to arrive it would be the cancelled one.
Do that 3 times with the first code and you would no longer be able to confirm your card or bank account that way.
The correct code would have been the second (or last) code you requested.

You would need to ask customer services to add it for you.
They would probably request that you upload a copy of your card or bank statement to prove ownership of the account as you couldn't complete the code method.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.