Cannot Link Bank Account, Remove / Change Payment Method, can't transfer funds.

jadino_artist
Contributor
Contributor

We can't process your request right now. Please try again later - is the error I get when trying to transfer money to an Australian Bank Account instead of my Debit Card. I don't want to transfer instantly to my card because of additional fees Paypal deducts even when already deducting fees on top of that. I have looked up all the Help and FAQ Blogs by removing my preferred payment which is a debit card. However, when I try to remove my debit card an error comes up saying - Sorry your card is expired. The card is not expired because it happily deducting automatic payments from my card and generally not expired. I can't remove or change my preferred payment or link my bank account to receive money. I can't even report to Paypal because nothing seems to be working on their website at this moment. My funds are being held hostage 😣

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Donna

Hello @jadino_artist,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post. 

In this situation, the best thing to do would be to contact our Customer Care department. You can do this by going to the ‘Contact Us’ link at the bottom of every PayPal page. You will then see what contact options are available to you. 

-Donna

Login to Me Too

jadino_artist
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your response Donna, however that is exactly what I've done first before coming to post here. The only viable option I saw was to call Paypal directly as opposed to send an email or message. I'm not a fan of calling because I know I'll be put in a queue or on hold for a long time. I did use your online chat also, however I feel with your automated responses, which I understand your business must have, I found I was going in circles. If there is an email option, feel free to point me to the right direction. It wasn't clear where it could be on your contact page. As for the funds, I will leave it in there to pay off things linked to my account, however I will probably have to look for other means to obtain my money easily, smoothly and intuitively. Thanks for your help.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.