Can I use my ghost card from Klarna linked to my Paypal Account?

keethekid
New Community Member

I asked the Klarna rep and they were less than helpful . I want to check out but the merchant only has paypal as the only checkout method . I would like to use the ghost card to pay in bi-weekly payments . If this ghost card is hooked up to my paypal account, is this possible ?

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

MAE2006
Contributor
Contributor
So you create the card on klarna and have it made for PayPal though correct? Then add it to your PayPal method?
Login to Me Too

Julierosana
Contributor
Contributor
So what you do is go to the site through the klarna app like usual & do the checkout regularly and create a ghost card, then use that card that’s made for the store in the pay pal checkout after you either sign in or make an account just add it to payment. If klarna is saying that they can’t make the card because it seems like a “gift card” then you should proceed to create the card after signing in and checking out with the PayPal amount shown.
Login to Me Too

MAE2006
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for the info..
Login to Me Too

oneflyychick
Contributor
Contributor
What if the seller doesn't have a site? I'm trying to pay an invoice and klarna is giving me the message about gift cards
Login to Me Too

Ckov
Contributor
Contributor
I’m still getting the error that it won’t work on gift cards even trying it to add it at the PayPal checkout. How did you manage to get it to work? I contacted klarna support and they didn’t know anything.
Login to Me Too

Jasmine1115
New Community Member
That didn't work for me. I've tried everything. I even had the seller send me an invoice and it's still not working.
Login to Me Too

Nikilauni
Contributor
Contributor
No, you go to Klarna and make the card for the company who is sending you the invoice, and then you plug the card information in when you checkout on PayPal. I just did it. I wasn’t sure if it’d work because of the comments on here, but it did. I was able to do the 6mo financing on it also. I went to the website of the distributor I was wanting the card for, via Klarna when making the one time use card, then at the bottom it says Pay with Klarna and I hit that, made the card and everything, then exited, went to my PayPal invoice from my distributor and press pay, then on checkout I added a new card plugged in all the info for the one time use card and it worked. Approved and everything already and my distributor got the paid notification.
Login to Me Too

Clintzen08
New Community Member
Doesn’t work. I tried even making a card for Amazon and using that on PayPal and it didn’t work
Login to Me Too

esg_genesis
New Community Member
Yes, i’m assuming. I used a affirm one time use card to purchase through paypal. So i don’t see why klarna would be any different.
Login to Me Too

EllieMoon
Me too.!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.