Issues with linked bank accounts

naeemng
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all, hope anyone can help with my issues. I have added two Malaysian bank accounts to Paypal and I am having the same issue with both of them as follows: 

1) Both are savings accounts (one under Maybank and one under HSBC) but both were automatically listed as checking accounts. There was no option for me to change the account type to savings 

2) I did not receive any verification transactions from Paypal after adding both bank accounts. I cannot find any option to request for any form of verification 

Hence both accounts are not verified and I have been trying to withdraw some money transfered to me but unable to do so due to the issues above. Can anyone advise how to fix this? Thanks!
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

klaudetteph
New Community Member

Hello,

I have the same concern. Please let me know if you have any idea on how to resolve this.

Thanks.

Kai

Login to Me Too

ned716
New Community Member

I had the same issue too. I checked my Paypal and noticed that my linked bank account is 'Checking'. I could have sworn I entered 'Savings' but I guess, like you said, it automatically assigns the account type to 'Checking'.  Could this be just ok on the Paypal side because maybe it's one of their policies for 'Withdraw Funds' transactions? Maybe it has to be 'Checking' to do this? That would be why there is no button to edit the bank account type?

But then we don't know because there's no info in Paypal about this (!)

Anyone from Paypal reading this: PLEASE HELP. We need to withdraw funds (!) 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.