Double Charged on a Debit Card; no transactions reflected on PayPal

emjaylegaspi
Contributor
Contributor
Good Day! I would like to ask regarding a transaction made thru a debit card. I bought stuffs from a legit online shop and was asked to log in my PayPal account for a more secure transaction. This option of logging in to PayPal is optional. But since it says "to a more secure transaction" I opt to log in my PayPal account. My PayPal account has no credits therefore I linked my debit card. PayPal says it has to confirm that this card is truly in my possession by deducting $2 in order to generate a verification code and have to wait for a few days for the code to be received. On that same day, I checked my debit account balance online and found out that there were double charging of exactly the price of what I bought online...but this transaction was not reflected on the history of transactions of my PayPal account nor the online shop received the payment. Furthermore, there was also a double charge of $2 for requested code for verifying my debit card. I would like to know what happened and if this payment will go through the online shop and have my items delivered or if PayPal will return the said money since the online shop doesn't receive the payment. Thank you.
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.