withdrawal fail due to an counterlogical double currency conversion

upptech
New Community Member
hello. I have some amount of USD in my wallet. I have a card with USD account on it, linked to PayPal. when trying to withdraw from the wallet to the card, I'm getting informed, that conversion (USD -> UAH) will happen. this is the issue. because of 2 reasons: 1. I don't need the conversion. it's a USD:USD transaction by all means and must not include any unsolicited conversion (by common sense). it would result in an absolutely insane USD:UAH:USD double conversion. why on Earth one would want that? 2. in Ukraine, due to russian war aggression, cashless foreign currency conversion is prohibited, so this insane thing, PayPal is trying to force on me, wouldn't even work. in fact it fails, already checked. how to solve this? thanks in advance.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @upptech,

Welcome to the Community Help Forum and thanks for posting!

I understand your concern about the currency conversion for the withdrawals. When you withdraw money from your PayPal account, it’s automatically converted to the primary currency of the country which your PayPal account is registered to. For Ukraine PayPal accounts, all withdrawals will be processed in the Ukrainian currency (UAH). More information about withdrawals and currency conversations can be seen in this article

Best wishes,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.