transferring paypal credit to bank account

marionr1
Contributor
Contributor

Is it possible to transfer money from your paypal credit to your linked bank account? I can't see why you shouldn't be able to but there doesn't appear to be to be an option like there is with paypal balance.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@marionr1 

Unfortunately not as that would be considered a cash advance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @marionr1,

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum and thank you for your post! I understand that it can be frustrating when a service that you'd like to see is not available. I can help with a little insight.

Cash advances are not possible through PayPal Credit. Rather than being a cash loan, the PayPal Credit Product is for purchases only, very much like a credit card, but only available in merchant checkouts. That would be why you cannot transfer funds from your PayPal Credit to your bank account.

I know that this was not the information that you would have preferred to hear, but I hope this information helps clarify.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @kernowlass,

Thank you for your post! I didn't see your answer when I posted my own. Oops!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.