to comply with international regulations this transaction has been declined

beeeeeen
New Community Member

my transaction was declined to "comply with international regulations".what can i do ?45586a-0319-4bcd-8fe0-a89de214c8bf.png

Login to Me Too
84 REPLIES 84

FMSS

What is the resolution??

Our customers in Australia receive the same error while they are trying to pay our Paypal account in Australia. Both are verified accounts and have successful historical transactions. 

Please advise. 

Login to Me Too

budget
New Community Member

I am also having the same issue as above. When will this be fixed, please?

Login to Me Too

PortMacGifts

Customer payment in Australia from Australia within Australia.  Has happened a few times now for no obvious reason. Some payments come through no problems, others get this message and can not pay.

Login to Me Too

kezart
New Community Member

I've had this happen to me 3 times today, 2 from me trying to buy something in australia to other australian business's and now one of my customers has had the same message when she has tried to purchase from me, and she is in australia as well, so I call **bleep** on the international regulations.  I think this is obviously a serious problem that paypal are having and it would be great if they could fix it soon. 😖

Login to Me Too

Squish1
Contributor
Contributor

I’m having the same problems and it’s driving me **bleep** have u had any luck with resolving it??

Login to Me Too

Cobber2003
Contributor
Contributor
Trying to pay to GBP and keep getting this message
Login to Me Too

fixitfast
Contributor
Contributor

I have this issue but only with some customers trying to pay with credit/debit cards without logging into their accounts. I send an invoice from my "Paypal Here App" on my phone to my customer for the customer to pay at a later date. The customer follows the "View and Pay" link in the Paypal generated invoice tries to pay  without logging in and gets the Borg "resistance is futile message" above and the transaction fails. The customer then tries logging in to their paypal account to pay but as they already have a failed transaction cookie on their device the transaction can never complete.  The customer usually then phones saying they can't pay the invoice so i take their card details over the phone and process the transaction manually through my SQUARE App and Merch account (Paying less fees). Paypal Loses out. This is and Australian issued invoice being paid with an Australian credit/debit card.

Login to Me Too

lex92
Contributor
Contributor

I have been having this same problem over a month and i have contacted paypal support team and the support team from Wix (i use Wix for my shop) and have been talking to them about a month, but no one have been able to even figure out what is causing this. Both paypal support team and wix support said there is no problem on my setting and I tried every sugestion they asked, but i still have the very same issue.

In the beginning, my customers would get the message saying "there is a problem with your payment. this transaction was declined by your bank. Try a different method or contact your bank." , so I even made a request to my customers. one in canada and one in S.Korea. Both do not have any problem with their paypal accounts and banks, but they have not been able to pay through paypal on my online shop. Then, my customer in S.Korea tried again this year and she got the message "to comply with international regulations this transaction has been declined"and ever since then, my customers would get that message. 

I have been desperate to solve this because i am having this issue over a month and i have fully reached out to the support team both paypal and wix, and have tried my best to figure this out on my end, but the issue is echoing again and again. i am exhausted, but i wish i know the solution. 

Does anyone figure this out yet ? If you do, could you generously let everyone here know what to do?

Login to Me Too

lainebee

this happened to me just now, and i managed to resolve it by confirming my identity. i was transferred to a page where i was asked to enter my full address and other details. i'm in australia so i think it must be something to do with new australian regulations. after entering my details and hitting "confirm", i was told that limitations on my account had now been lifted. before then i was at my wit's end. the fact that the payment declines due to us needing to reconfirm our identity (which i had already done when i first made the account) is not intuitive at all, and should really be made clearer in the initial "payment declined" pop up.

Login to Me Too

dadkhah

How did you confirm your identity?

I can't see any button or option in my PayPal panel. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.