sent to the wrong person and I requested money back but did not hear from them

ptjames
Contributor
Contributor

I sent money to the wrong person and I requested money back but did not hear from them

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ptjames 

Would help if you said how you sent the funds + how you funded the paypal payment?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Joy

Hi @ptjames,

I'm sorry to hear that you sent funds to the wrong PayPal account. I understand how concerning this would be. 

If you have sent the funds as a payment for goods and services, you have the option to open a dispute on the transaction. You can visit the Help Center article here to view steps on how to open a dispute. If the funds were sent as a Friends and Family payment, I suggest reaching out to the financial institution that was used (your bank or credit card company) to see what options they may have for you. There is no Buyer Protection when a payment is sent as Friends and Family, which is why we suggest that you only send those payments to people you know and trust. 

I hope this helps!

Joy
If you have found any post within the Community to be helpful, please leave a Kudos or Accept it as a Solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.