sent money to my gf in brazil, cant choose family and friends, therefore money goes on hold

canlschw
Contributor
Contributor

So, the following happened... I sent money to my girlfriend, who is brazilian and "still" lives in brazil... Usually you can choose between "goods and services" and "friends and family"... the thing is, Paypal doesnt leave me the option to choose and just goes with goods and services, therefore the money I sent is on hold for 21 days... I can neither confirm that I received any goods, it simply doesnt show that option and I cant think of any other way around it... I hope that someone at Paypal reads this question, I already called the German Paypal support but they cant help at all... So first of all, I want to make it, so that the money I already sent is released and secondly, I want it so I can choose "friends and family" in the future... (first of all because, if I send money to my girlfriend, I want her to be able to use it ASAP (also its me who manages her Paypal, she got no clue how to use it) secondly, I see no reason for her to pay taxes on these more or less smaller amounts of money that I send, just to support her a bit...

Sincerly

Can...

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@canlschw 

The friends/family option is not available in every country, and I believe Brazil is one of those countries that can only accept goods/services payments.

Have you looked into xoom to see if that is an option?

https://www.xoom.com/

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

canlschw
Contributor
Contributor
I tried to use Xoom, but my girlfriend doesn't have a regular bank account. She has a online bank if I'm not mistaken and it's not listed on Xoom... Therefore it didn't work.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.