request to reverse the payment

New Community Member

Hi Community!The payment made by my payee was transferred to different account because by the time of payment the provided paypal account was still inactive, now they cannot reverse the payment. Instead, advice me to seek assistance to paypal to help me get back the fund to my old account. Thank you! Regards.

Login to Me Too


Hello @magabyankita,


Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting here!


I understand your concern about receiving funds and I know how important it is to have funds at the right time. It is possible that the payment is pending/unclaimed. An unclaimed payment is a payment that hasn’t been accepted or denied by the recipient. These kinds of payments are automatically reversed after 30 days. The sender may not have the option to cancel the payment. You [the Receiver] need to accept or deny the payment within 30 days. If not, the payment will be reversed. Our System automatically cancel pending or unclaimed payments after 30 days and send the payment back to the original payment method. Refunds to bank accounts may take up to 5 business days, while refunds to credit or debit cards may take up to 30 days. If the payment gets reversed, you may ask the sender to process the payment to the correct account. If you need any help, you can contact Customer Support with the email notifying about the received payment by clicking 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal webpage. Support is also available on Twitter by sending DM to or a PM on Facebook





If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.