refund history problem

chan71
Contributor
Contributor

So, a week ago i did some vpn purchase through paypal with my credit card, but ended up asked for refund
the refund was added into my activity at 19th November 2021, and it had to reach up to 26th November 2021 to complete the refund transaction
now its 27th November 2021, and the history of that refund activity is gone, and im not receiving any penny at all into my wallet, and the ACTIVITY IS GONE, there is no history of that refund transaction, what is going on here?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@chan71 

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller from your bank account or a card then once marked refunded/completed it will automatically go back to that bank account or card.
Normally it can take a few days up to a week to go back to a bank account and a bit longer for a card, Paypal say allow 30 days for a card (1 billing cycle) but its rarely that long.
(Can vary according to country though).

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ1212

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

chan71
Contributor
Contributor

But why would paypal also delete the history activity as if nothing happened?? 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @chan71,

Thank you for your post, and I'm happy to provide clarification. If the purchase was done using a credit card outside of your account as a guest transaction, the activity would not show in your PayPal account. To be able to see any future purchases in your PayPal account history, logging in to your PayPal account at the time of checkout will be necessary.

I hope this helps clarify.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.