received a refund but it's not showing in my balance

Lesley2014

Help!

I received a refund from an eBay seller on the 25th to my Paypal. I had an email from Paypal saying the money had been refunded and it was all complete. It's showing in my history but it's not showing in my actual balance.

-I have not made any other payments with Paypal

-I've checked with my bank and no refund has been made

Login to Me Too
38 REPLIES 38

pekka91
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I have similar problem, the refund has been issued but did not show on my account.

Case ID: 5071657961

Here's the case outcome from November:
eBay Customer Support has refunded you through PayPal.
We've initiated a refund of back to the PayPal funding source that you used to purchase the item. Please allow 48 hours for the refund to process.
Final decision:
The case has been closed in your favour.

But still no refund received.
What would you suggest to do as next step?
There is no possibility to edit the case status as it is closed now.

Thanks,
Petr
Login to Me Too

aszyper
New Community Member

Hi I used paypal credit to order something off ebay and the size was wrong so i sent it back receieved and email saying that the refund was applied to my account but it is not showing in the balance.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi aszyper,

Welcome to the community.

Refunds to your credit account can take some time to clear, if this was recent it sounds like it is still processing. It would generally take around 10 working days.

Hope this helps,

Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

pekka91
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I have similar problem, the refund has been issued but did not show on my account.

Case ID: 5071657961

Here's the case outcome from November:
eBay Customer Support has refunded you through PayPal.
We've initiated a refund of back to the PayPal funding source that you used to purchase the item. Please allow 48 hours for the refund to process.
Final decision:
The case has been closed in your favour.

But still no refund received.
What would you suggest to do as next step?
There is no possibility to edit the case status as it is closed now.

Thanks,
Petr
Login to Me Too

Wellla78
Contributor
Contributor
Hi I have same issue, it’s been 12 working days now , and balance not been cleared , also new payment been scheduled out of my bank account. Please help
Login to Me Too

Emmanuel1992
Contributor
Contributor

I'm a paypal user, few days a go I have recived a refund from ebay seller, But am tried to purchase an another item but when I reach into paypal to make a payment it denied to take a paypal balance then they wanted me to charge the bank account although there is enough money in my paypal balance. Is any one can help me?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Emmanuel1992

Do you use pay after delivery??

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Emmanuel1992
Contributor
Contributor

Laurenvict
Same thing has happened to me. It says refunded but the money is not in my account. I don’t think I will be using PayPal again. Awareness needs to be spread that this is not secure. Thank God they are two small amounts. Both were under $30 usd.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Laurenvict

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller with a card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your card. Paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week for mine, however that depends a lot on what country you are in.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.