received a refund but it's not showing in my balance

Lesley2014

Help!

I received a refund from an eBay seller on the 25th to my Paypal. I had an email from Paypal saying the money had been refunded and it was all complete. It's showing in my history but it's not showing in my actual balance.

-I have not made any other payments with Paypal

-I've checked with my bank and no refund has been made

Login to Me Too
38 REPLIES 38

Owllover367
I haven’t received my money. I didn’t pay with a debit card. I payed with my PayPal balance and got an email saying that the amount went through. I am not showing my 16 dollars and it’s not on my debit card.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Owllover367 

Have you bought anything and paid for it via paypal since the refund should have gone in??

The reason i ask is that if you have funds in your paypal balance and have got your payment preference set at your balance and then buy something Paypal will take from those funds in your balance.

To check go and click on the word "details" next to any recent paypal buying transaction and see if they were funded from your paypal balance ie refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

MaX691
Contributor
Contributor
I got completed status on my activity 40 days ago and still I didn’t got the money in debit card or in my bank ac
Login to Me Too

Kugelis92
Contributor
Contributor
So it's been 8days since paypal sent me a refund and it still not in my account. All the other refunds went back in just fine after 7 days, but my £330 hanging somewhere in the air. Should I panic now?
Login to Me Too

Wasilii
Contributor
Contributor
Already waiting one week to get my refund!! With other customers that must be a lot of money they are holding in their account. They always find some reason to keep our money as long as possible. Not very honest. Didsapointed
Login to Me Too

Peter311
Contributor
Contributor
I don't know but is ilegal keep my refund 2 week and still I don't get in my account I think I will be nothing baying anymore from thanks stupid PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Y3hia
Contributor
Contributor

can anyone help me with this : <removed>
i cant receive any more money because of this !

Login to Me Too

xxxkropaxxx
Contributor
Contributor
Hi I bought something the other day using pay pal ( money was taken from my bank account but using paypal) and on 6th on december I've received email saying that "We are sorry you were not happy with some of the items you ordered. This email is to confirm that we have received your return and processed your refund. Processed 06/12/2013 00:13:31 Please note: it can take up to 10 days for PayPal to process your refund. Can you please tell me when I will get my money back? On paypal account doesn't say anywhere that refund is in progres or anything 😞 help please!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Sophie

Hi xxxkropaxxx,

Sorry to hear about this! If there is no record of a refunded payment in your PayPal account, you may need to contact Customer Support for further assistance.

There is a chance that the seller has not issued a refund yet, but the payment may also have been sent as a guest transaction, which means that it would not show up in your registered account. To find out which of these is the case, please click on 'Contact Us' at the bottom of the page when you're logged in to get in touch and let us look into this.

Thanks,

Sophie

Login to Me Too

xxxkropaxxx
Contributor
Contributor
Ok thank you!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.