reactivate automatic payments

charlie-marie
Contributor
Contributor

how do I reactivate a store to my automatice payments list?  The store said I need to contact paypal for this.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@charlie-marie 

No, the store got it wrong. Must make another transaction or resubcribe with the store's account you have with them in order to set up a new automatic payment profile. Once an automatic payment is canceled, it can't be reactivated though PayPal.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@charlie-marie 

No, the store got it wrong. Must make another transaction or resubcribe with the store's account you have with them in order to set up a new automatic payment profile. Once an automatic payment is canceled, it can't be reactivated though PayPal.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

ads_nola
Contributor
Contributor

The store doesn't let you do that. Ive had this problem multiple times. The FIRST thing I was trying to do was set up a new subscription with the merchant and it kept telling me (multiple merchants) that there was a problem with Paypal. You can't set up a "new" merchent account with the same Paypal account and Paypal has essentially blocked that merchent from reoccuring payments so we want to know how to unblock it.... The merchent (in this case Pic Monkey and Freshly) can't do that. 

Login to Me Too

Lady_Xarah
New Community Member

ads_nola is correct. I'm having this exact same problem with multiple merchants and it has caused a nightmare. If I knew that I couldn't reactivate it, I would not have inactivated it thinking doing so would help keep me safe. Grove Collaborative is the merchant I'm having issues with. Now I can't buy anything from them and I can't make another account, even with a new email address, for the same mailing address.  

Login to Me Too

Swindxx
New Community Member
Hello. I have the same problem. Any solution since then?
Login to Me Too

Loneshade
Contributor
Contributor

same issue.  Even removing the payment and re-enlisting with all details - it looks on seller said, but eventually all payments are still rejected by paypal for this company.... 

Seems like once you cancel an automatic payment you can never again do payments to that seller?
No that's wrong... I once had the issue before and I fixed it back then... just wish I'd remember how. It do remember it was VERY complicated though.

Login to Me Too

dicey2u
I just got off the phone with my merchant. The solution is actually very simple. In your account Delete PayPal as a payment option with that merchant. Then add Paypal back. You will now be able to use the Paypal link under that merchant
Login to Me Too

Sapna2508
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks! This actually just solved my problem!!

Login to Me Too

Eslam717
New Community Member
For example on Google play how do i reactivate it?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.