"we're not able to complete this transaction" error

KuriKuri822
Contributor
Contributor

I keep getting this error when I try to send bitcoin that has been already paid for to the wallet that I am trying to send to. A few weeks ago I never had this issue but now I have and I am wondering why it is doing this. I am sure I have verifed all of my information.

There's a problem

Right now, we're not able to complete this transaction. 

I have tried both external address and QR based code.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Temp20220919A
Contributor
Contributor
Same. Ive purchased and transferred BTC several times but 2 days ago I started getting that error message. Ive cleared cache, reinstalled the app, logged in and tried with other devices, then tried from PayPal.com. I can't fix your issue but I can at least give some info. I called customer service today, the wait time wasn't awful and they only hung up on me twice, my patience was finally rewarded with very little optimism and nothing resolved. Here's what I got... Firstly-Nothing wrong with my account. I can continue to buy Bitcoin. Hurray! That's great news for PayPal. Secondly- The problem is with PayPal and is a "technical" issue. The advice I got on how to resolve everything? Keep trying until it works. Genius! Thankfully i was assured my concern would be noted and forwarded to someone, who will note and forward my concern onto the next person. Or something like that.(whoever I talked to was actually very friendly, tried to help, and at least apologized.) Now. do I find it suspicious there's no issue purchasing BTC, and it's only when transferring OUT of PayPal I have a problem? Not at all! In fact i love that PayPal is holding my money and I can't control it. I think that's fantastic. This is where people usually say they hoped this helped but since it didn't I'll just say... I'm sorry.
Login to Me Too

KuriKuri822
Contributor
Contributor

It is very unfortunate with that occuring since ive been sending a close russian friend help for money because she is trying to get out of there right now, she needs the money and thats the way I need this app to work. Ive tried other crypto apps and or transfers to wallets but paypal was giving me the error. It bothers me when it allows it and when it doesnt allow it right when I need it. I thank you for the reply since I felt like I was going insane, guess i am not the only one. What other crypto apps you recommend for a fast transaction because time is of the essence for her. I actually asked someone about the issue and gave me the same spiel as you mentioned and when I mentioned i was able to send to her address before, the chat was closed. HORRIBLE service on Paypals end. I get off work and im gonna complain. You dont risk someones life because you want to hold someones money they have worked hard for.

Login to Me Too

threesupjuice
New Community Member

This is happening to me and doesn't surprise me at all. Paypal has and will always be a shady company who will gladly take your money, and then tell you that there are a number of "Restrictions" if you attempt to send that money anywhere outside of your Paypal wallet. 

Be careful using Paypal if you value your money, as they will take it and hold it hostage, and your time, because they will gladly leave you on hold for over an hour with a looped robot.

Login to Me Too

KuriKuri822
Contributor
Contributor

That is very unfortunate.

Do you recommend other fast crypto apps I can utilize? I dont feel like typing anymore long stories since I am feeling sick at the moment.

Login to Me Too

Bjzimm77
New Community Member
This is a month late but.. I just encountered the same "technical issue" for every BTC wallet address I tried. So I pretended I was a qualified support professional and asked myself, "Did you clear your cache?" "Ok , now did restart your phone?" unfortunately for me I didn't get the pleasure of waiting on hold for an hour to get asked these questions and then basically told "I dunno sorry we'll hit you up later" Long story short I tried sending it to my girlfriend and bam it worked just fine so if you have any family members or people you can trust try doing this if your still having this problem or for anybody finding this post on Google. The error message is The transfer didn't send there was a technical issue try to enter your information again. I hope I got that right for Anyone Google searching this in the future.
Login to Me Too

KuriKuri822
Contributor
Contributor

Probably might be a trusted sender deal possibly, I have switched to using a DEFI wallet and going to my local bitcoin atm to do my transactions, its more safer for me when it comes to technical issues, I thank you for the response though, this whole thread can help out for sure

Login to Me Too

NoFear19
Contributor
Contributor
They are only allowing to send to people with PayPal accounts it seems like.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.