"Get a Check By Mail" Feature Not Working

NoLuck
Contributor
Contributor

I tried to withdraw funds from my account via check on 4-23-20. The "Get a Check By Mail" link (Paypal.com/wdcheck) is directing me back to the Summary page. I have done this many times and  after trying to explain to the live help assistant for an hour there was a problem on PayPal's end I was told:
"It seems like our security system is checking on your attempt to request a check. You may try to do it again after 24-48 hours. However there is no assurance that it will go through by then because our security check procedure doesn't have a specific timeline."
Is anyone else experiencing problems getting PayPal to issue a check?

How am I supposed to get my money when I don't want my account tied to my bank and I don't want a PayPal Cash Plus account?

Login to Me Too
50 REPLIES 50

JubJubJones
Contributor
Contributor
That is just awful 😠 We live in a marketplace with some monopolistic tendencies right now. Imagine how fast they'd fix this problem if there was even one competitor available. Update on my situation - I did finally get a check sent out. It turns out, after multiple chats with customer service, that all I had to do was use the address linked to my credit card as it is considered "verified". Luckily I am within 45 minutes driving distance of that address so I can actually get the check. I still find it to be a pretty ridiculous process. I can't believe how simply PayPal could explain on the check page to "use an address associated with a payment type on ones account", but of course they don't, because they want to disincentivise the check method to get more direct-pipelines to our checking accounts. I wish you luck on your future check cutting attempts
Login to Me Too

Temp20210220f
Contributor
Contributor

It really is awful.  You can't get a check and they won't set up a cash account so I can actually use the money in Paypal.  I have uploaded however many documents as they've requested to confirm my identity and I get no explanation as to why my cash account isn't being set up.  I've been going back and forth with customer service and at this point it is clear they are giving me the run around (like everyone else).   I get the same useless responses over and over (need to use a new browser, upload a document, etc).  It seems that they really ARE attempting to get everyone's checking account linked.  Which is really stupid.  If everyone had a cash account and left their money IN PayPal they could use it to make even MORE money.  So I don't understand it.  For such a large company to behave this way is truly baffling.

Login to Me Too

Temp20210220f
Contributor
Contributor

I just filed a bad review AND a complaint on the BBB.  We'll see what happens.

Login to Me Too

SWD2k
Contributor
Contributor

I can't get the Check By Mail function to work, cannot find a good phone number to call (puts me into some PP credit card help recording), and can't find a way to message PP without having to wait days for a reply.

PP has really gone downhill in my opinion.  They seem to have adopted FeeBay's horrendous customer service model.  I suppose, in the end, it's probably better as it will force me to find another payment service...

Login to Me Too

DONUMS
Contributor
Contributor

Switching to Privacy browser from Firefox worked for me.

Login to Me Too

brhi5
Contributor
Contributor

That didn't work for me. I've been trying since Mid December to get $72 dollars so I can close the bleeping account. Anyone else have any luck? The support is abysmal. 

Login to Me Too

BostonFolks
Contributor
Contributor

I have had this issue for a year.  I spent over 1.5 hr speaking with CS agents and supposedly they were sending me the check.  Last week I called to find out where the check is and I was told no agent had the authority to have a check send even though the system is clearly not working.  I am now on hold at the Attorney's General office in Massachusetts.

Login to Me Too

turkeylegs
New Community Member

I have the same issue... when i select the check amount and hit next , it just won't go to the next screen... this seems intentional on paypal's part to me... PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP.

Login to Me Too

rochte
Contributor
Contributor

did you ever get a resolution to this.  I just was on hold for over 1hour with paypal with no resolution.  they told me to go and confirm the credit card again.  I tried that and they want a picture ID sent to them.  Not sure what is going on at this point.

Login to Me Too

unhappy_user2
New Community Member

I also have been unable to get a check by mail recently.  I have previously been using this feature for years with no problem.  But now every time I click the link that says "get a check by mail instead" it just redirects me to the page to select a bank account to transfer it into.  I do not want to give paypal my bank account.  I just want a check in the mail, like I've done dozens of times.  Numerous calls to paypal support have not solved the issue. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.