"Get a Check By Mail" Feature Not Working

NoLuck
Contributor
Contributor

I tried to withdraw funds from my account via check on 4-23-20. The "Get a Check By Mail" link (Paypal.com/wdcheck) is directing me back to the Summary page. I have done this many times and  after trying to explain to the live help assistant for an hour there was a problem on PayPal's end I was told:
"It seems like our security system is checking on your attempt to request a check. You may try to do it again after 24-48 hours. However there is no assurance that it will go through by then because our security check procedure doesn't have a specific timeline."
Is anyone else experiencing problems getting PayPal to issue a check?

How am I supposed to get my money when I don't want my account tied to my bank and I don't want a PayPal Cash Plus account?

Login to Me Too
50 REPLIES 50

GimmeMyCheck
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the exact same problem.  I've contacted PayPal several times but keep getting the run-around.  One employee told me that they are indeed having a problem with their website and he would contact someone on my behalf.  Later that day I was told he was not longer available and someone else would be helping me. Hmmmm.  They keep giving me generic answers like "Try again later" or "send us a snapshot of the error message".  There is NO error message. It just carries you back to the summary screen.  Not sure if the folks at PayPal simply can't comprehend our problem or if they've been instructed to play dumb. I'm going to give it a couple more days, then contact the Better Business Bureau and see if I have any other options.

Login to Me Too

luthia
Contributor
Contributor

@GimmeMyCheck Do update us if you hear anything from the BBB! I've been in contact with PP as well but getting nowhere, just the run around like most of us in this thread.

Login to Me Too

I have also been experiencing the same problem as everyone else. I've tried messaging them on Facebook to no avail so far. We need to raise this issue further so that they finally fix this glitch.

Login to Me Too

luthia
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, so they finally admitted to it being an issue on their end. Hopefully it gets resolved soon.

https://gyazo.com/9bc9101a05793be89ec9262a9a0aad75

Login to Me Too

MNAK
Contributor
Contributor

Not working for me either, May 13, 2020. How are we supposed to get our money? Who can we complain to? Is PayPal a U.S. company?

Login to Me Too

scubasteve84
Contributor
Contributor

Last time it worked for me was in March. Wish I would have taken out more, as like everyone else in the age of covid I have stuff to pay for.

Login to Me Too

luthia
Contributor
Contributor

jdwhitepsych
New Community Member

Having the same issue as others have had. Is it not working again?

Login to Me Too

JubJubJones
Contributor
Contributor

Reviving this thread because I am having the same issue. The site says it can't complete the action and to try again in 2 minutes - which is frustrating because I've been trying on and off for 4 days straight.

I had to fully cancel my Paypal earlier this year because of someone hacking in and racking up charges. No surprise Paypal was happy to close my unresolved cases in about 3 minutes, and then would not let me un-link my bank account until I had the bank block all charges from Paypal (at which point they were quick to un-link).

I'll go to pretty much any length to not give Paypal my bank info again. I feel held hostage by this company just to try and sell some old stuff on eBay.

Has anyone had luck getting a check cut from their balance in the last month or so?

Login to Me Too

sukisomchai
Contributor
Contributor

We  have had a problem to  request a check for years until we took PayPal  to  small claims  courts.  We  contacted  them  numerous  times,  even  sent  them  certified  letters,  which  they  ignored,  of  course.  In  court  we  talked  to  their  legal  counsel  who  was  able  to  contact  their  executive  office  and  then  suddenly  we  were  able  to  get  a  check.  The  next  time  when  we  tried it  online,  it  was  the  same  problem again, so  we  had to  contact  their  counsel  another  time  in order  to  make  a  withdrawal.  Then  it  worked  one  single  time  online  without  a  problem.  Now,  same  thing  again:  when  we  get  to  the  screen  which  shows  the  mailing  address  and  the   amount,  we  click  "next"  and  the  only  thing  that  happens  is  a  blue  circle  which  shows  up  for  approximately 2  seconds  without  taking  us  to  the  next  screen.  It  was  the  same  yesterday  and  the  day  before  yesterday.  It  looks  like  we  have  to  contact  their  counsel  again  to  get  access  to  our  money.  Imagine  if  you  have  to  take  your  bank   to  court  every  time  when  you  try  to  make  a  withdrawal....     Pathetic !

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.