pending status

nnn144
Contributor
Contributor

I sold an item to others. He paid the money on Nov 22. At the same time, I got the email from PayPal asking me to send the package tracking number and receipt to PayPal. And I did that. PayPal did get the tracking information and told me "You will receive a 'CONFIRMATION EMAIL' from us informing you that funds are available on your balance". The buyer got the item last Friday. Now it's nearly a week, the transaction is still pending. What should I do?

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nnn144 

SOUNDS LIKE THIS SCAM?

They encourage you to accept a direct Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails may go into your junk/spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

nnn144
Contributor
Contributor

But in Activity of my account, I saw the buyer's payment, and the buyer actually got the item. My problem is, the money is still pending.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nnn144 

Does the payment SHOW in your paypal activity + BALANCE but pending OR does it not show at all?

Did it ever show in your balance?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

nnn144
Contributor
Contributor

I cannot see the balance. I don't have it. Only credit cards in my wallet. This is my first time to sell something through paypal. Before I only used paypal to buy and it directly used my credit card.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nnn144 

So why did you say in the activity of your ''account'' you saw the payment if its not there???

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

nnn144
Contributor
Contributor

Under my account, I can see the activity, but there is no "balance" tab or anything about "balance", or I cannot find it. (See the following figures)

figure1.PNGfigure2.PNGfigure3.PNG

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nnn144 

So you sent a money request for the buyer to pay and they have not paid yet??

When and if they pay it, then it will show in your balance (even if on hold as a new seller it will show in that balance).

All that has happened at the moment is that you have sent a request for them to pay you.

As I said could be a scam if you got fake paypal emails telling you to send the item and provide tracking BEFORE you were paid. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

nnn144
Contributor
Contributor

I sent the request. Then I saw that transaction was pending in "ACTIVITY".

No matter what, where can I find the balance? It doesn't show anywhere in my account. Even if there is no income, then I should see a thing like "Balance: $0.00". But I cannot find that.

So if it is fake, why I can see that transaction? And what should I do?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nnn144 

You won't see a balance if you don't have a balance account, you get one when you click to ''accept'' your first payment.

If you got fake email to say you were paid when you were not and to provide tracking via that email which paypal do NOT tell you to do then you have not been paid.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.