payment sent but not received by recipient

adamorrin
Contributor
Contributor

hi i sent the money to someone and it says it has been sent on my account but the recipient has not received the amount

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@adamorrin 

Is it a goods/services or friends/family payment (if that option is available in your country)?

Is it marked as pending at all on either account?

Have you checked the email address was correct to the person you were paying without any spelling errors.

Were you paying in their currency and are they in a country that can accept paypal payments?

Have they received funds before and have they confirmed their email address?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

adamorrin
Contributor
Contributor
It’s a good and service payment it is marked as sent on my account I already double checked the email and showed it to the person they are from the us and I am paying them by exchanging Malaysian ringgits to US dollar I don’t know if they have received funds or if they confirmed their email
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Thanks for getting this one started @kernowlass

Thanks for the followup information @adamorrin. Normally, as soon as you send a payment the recipient will receive it into their PayPal account. Since you've already double checked the email address, I would recommend having the receiver reach out to our Customer Support teams to see why the payment has not been received. If you have not heard back from them in a reasonable timeframe, you may want to research the following Help Center article for your dispute options: What should I do if I have a problem with my PayPal purchase?

Good luck!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.