payment onhold

jemimasergon
New Community Member

i have an issue with my funds on hold PayPal says the money will reflect after a while, when can i expect the funds to reflect, or does this mean i have lost the funds? please help??

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jemimasergon wrote:

i have an issue with my funds on hold PayPal says the money will reflect after a while, when can i expect the funds to reflect, or does this mean i have lost the funds? please help??

Up to 21 days for PayPal to release funds but you can get the funds released sooner:

Here’s how to add tracking information or change the order status: 

1. Go to your Activity
  2. Find the transaction you would like to update, then click Get your money
  3. If you sold a product, select Product to add tracking information or print shipping label directly. 
  4. If you received payment that does not require shipping or sold an intangible item or service, select Service or virtual product to confirm order status. 
  5. Click Submit

Then you may ask sender to confirm receipt after 48 hrs if option is available: 

1. Click Activity at the top of the page.
  2. Find and click the original payment for the item.
  3. Click Confirm receipt.
  4. Click Yes to confirm that you received the order.

This hold happens:

- if sender forget to select friends and family option when they pay or cannot send a friends and family payment, only goods and services payment.

- if your account is new at receiving goods and services payments

- if haven’t received payments in a long time or unusual activity for your account

- because PayPal detects high value or highly risky transactions

- received numerous complaints, disputes from customers or other users

It does not mean you have lost the funds as long as the buyer does not report a problem with the transaction in the 180 days from date of payment that they have to do so, even after payment is released within 21 days.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.